Sunday, January 2, 2011

MIA

Happy New Year, everyone! We've been celebrating the New Year since Friday night hence my lack of blogging. We've had some friends over the last few evenings and it's been lots of food, wine and laughs. I wisely chose not to drink and blog. When one is consuming fine wine, there are a few activities that should be avoided and strangely enough, they are all related to social media. 


As I said, don't drink and blog. Don't drink and text. Don't drink and Facebook. Don't drink and Ebay. If you drink and ebay, you might end up with a 1973 Challenger in your driveway. It wasn't me. It was the other "adult" in the house with a credit card. 


Jamie believes that ebay should have a breathalyzer and oddly enough, someone has developed a website to test just those skills. It's called www.socialmediasobrietytest.com wherein you need to be able to type and participate in a few tests to determine if you are sober enough to be on a social media website. 


And finally, my favorite website on the subject is www.tfln.com where people post texts they sent or received the previous night, all done anonymously. I actually subscribe to the site and get a text message everyday with a text sent the previous night. They make me laugh my ass off. Christmas Day text from a random woman: there is a Santa Claus. I got my period. Another: Was the girl I made out w last night cute?.. The booze said she was Megan Foxx.


The lesson here is don't drink and socialmediate. Happy New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment