Thursday, December 30, 2010

Preparing for a New Year

New Year's Eve preparations have begun in earnest. Tomorrow I have a waxing appointment as well as a manicure appointment. Those are just regularly scheduled appointments, not prep for the New Year but they do tie in with the theme of New Year and things I like.

The European Waxing Center on Jericho Turnpike in East Northport is one of my new favorite places for waxing services. They have a pristine facility, very accomplished personnel and reasonably priced services. I highly recommend them.

For my manicure, I have gotten gel wraps for the last few years which despite the assurances of my nail technician, have turned my nails into tissue paper. I don't need long nails, I just want color on my nails. ManiQ seems to be just the right nail treatment for me. It's a gel treatment wherein the nail color really truly does last for two full weeks. My nail salon guarantees it. It's $25 per treatment. CND has a similar product but with a limited color palette and a higher per treatment price. ManiQ has a very varied color palette. So I'm a fan of ManiQ.

I tried to get a haircut but my guy, Tony, was fully booked for tomorrow. I've scheduled an appointment for next week with no time pressure, no constraints.

I think we overschedule ourselves sometimes putting pressure on ourselves and on our service providers. The time we allow for ourselves should be enjoyed, not rushed, not stressed over. Enjoyed.

So happy New Year's Eve, everyone. Whether your prep time is regularly scheduled or for New Year's, please take the time to enjoy it, savor it, bask in it. You are worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment