Monday, January 10, 2011

Words

James has a field trip tomorrow and requested a Subway sandwich for lunch. As I was heading out the door to pick one up, I heard a Jeopardy question in the background. What word means old as in before time? I don't remember the category but I knew the answer. Anti-diluvian. As in before the Flood, before the time of Moses.

My husband and sons don't really like when I play Jeopardy or Wheel of Fortune. I'm pretty good at both games. I am a fount of seemingly useless information (see my first post) which helps when it comes to playing Jeopardy. I was an English major in college which helps when playing Wheel of Fortune. None of this helps when you answer "anti-diluvian" and your son says get out. You're not fun to play with. This time it's my 14 year old, not my 10 year old (see Beating Your Children post).

I love words. I was once called a lackey by an old (as in anti-diluvian) woman who demanded to see the owner of an establishment  in order to get satisfaction regarding a missing mirror from her car. She felt that a professional thief had stolen her mirror from her car outside this particular establishment. I looked at the car, analyzed the deep gashes down the entire length of the car and deemed her professional car mirror thief hypothesis lacking. The lackey found her story lacking.

I love words.

No comments:

Post a Comment