Sunday, January 23, 2011

F**K!

I love my children dearly but I'm having some issues dealing with the teenager. Generally, he's a good, polite kid. He does really well in school and I really don't have to nag him about cleaning up his room. I do have to nag him about putting away his laundry. It does eventually get done.

The moods are what kill me. The grunts for responses are just not acceptable. The eye-rolling, which I see through the back of my head, destroys me. The "How was your  baseball clinic?" with the non-responsive "fine" slays me and utterly maddens my husband.

I've ignored it for the last few days but today he said just the right thing in just the wrong way. And I wigged. The dogs ran for cover, Joseph made sure everything was done when I asked him for something and I dropped a few choice words on my teenage son that were ever so much more descriptive than "fine" or a grunt.

He knew how I felt. I'm the yeller in the house. I admit it. Jamie gets really quiet and I get really loud. It's why we work, I suppose.

If you want to know what I said to James, watch the end of the Jets game and read Rex Ryan's lips as Big Bad Ben got the first down.

2 comments:

  1. James is awesome, but he is after all a teenage boy!!! You were quite the eye roller as I recall so it must be hereditary. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I don't recall the eye rolling ;) and yes, he is a teenage boy.

    ReplyDelete