Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I can see Alaska in my backyard!

Of late, I have been feeling a bit Palinish. Let me explain. I feel like I live in Alaska. Last night, I was in my pajamas and my big fuzzy robe at 9:30 pm. I like to stay up a bit later at night than the rest of the family so I can get a little unwind time. However, this cold weather has me in hibernation mode. I do remember this happening last year as well when the bitter cold settled in. I just don't want to move, go out, bear the bitter cold, do anything. I'm becoming a polar bear and if you had seen me in my big white fuzzy robe, you would think I'm starting to resemble one as well!

So I settled in upstairs in my big fuzzy robe to watch Housewives and catch the big Nene vs Kim battle continuum. Except that Jamie decided to go to bed early as well. Scratch those plans.

Headed downstairs to my chilly living room (58 degrees on a 9 degree night makes for extra chilly) and caught the end of Housewives as well as Big Love.

Still made it to bed by 11 pm and was up at 5:30 to do my daily run. I'm going to try to fight night time hibernation by getting up earlier and moving.

Another foot of snow possible this Wednesday/Thursday is not helping the cause but I am up for this sisyphean task.

Relax, Jamie and anyone else who has not heard of Sisyphus but has heard of Sparknotes. Parents with middle school/high school aged kids know of which I speak. Here is a helpful link:


http://www.sparknotes.com/philosophy/sisyphus/section11.rhtml

Wow, I'm deeper than I thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment