Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Smile - it increases your face value

Have you tried the random smile test? I do it all the time, both consciously and unconsciously. I have an innate tendency to smile. It's a trait that has built up over the last few years. There's a long story to how that trait built up over the last few years. A lot of that story involved Syd Dufton, a former colleague, who changed my way of thinking in the best way possible. But I digress (as I am wont to do). When you think about it, it's much easier and infinitely more fun to smile than it is to cry. What's that bullshit credo, it takes less muscles to smile than it does to frown. Turns out that bullshit credo is TRUE. There is so much to cry over if you have that tendency. I don't. I'd rather crack a joke, laugh and smile.

When I interact with the public, I love to smile. Smile at a random person you don't know personally, nine times out of ten, they will smile back at you. When they do, it is so cool. I, personally, find it satisfying.

It's a new year. In the words of Truvy, a character in the movie Steel Magnolias (bookmark: my personal favorite movie of all time next to It's A Wonderful Life), Smile, It Increases Your Face Value.

No comments:

Post a Comment