Monday, January 17, 2011

Changed my mind

I have a draft of a scathing post about Cablevision and their suck-ass service that they've provided over the last 6 months. I've shelved it for now and want to tell you instead about a few products that make me happy. I like them and I think you might like them as well.

I love lavender laundry products. The aromatherapy lavender provides makes me smile every time I put on a freshly laundered piece of clothing. I stumbled upon a new softener at Walmart made by Purex. They are crystals that you put right into the washing machine, not in the softener dispenser, but right in the basket. They work in HE (high efficiency) machines (and regular machines) and don't leave that goopy mess that liquid softener can sometimes leave behind. Lavender blossom is my favorite fragrance followed by fresh spring water. Try it. You'll like it!

http://www.purex.com/products/softeners/purex-complete-crystals

I am a big proponent of skin care, especially in the wintertime. Your skin is the largest organ in the human body and probably gets the least amount of care! Hot showers and cold weather will takes it toll before you know it. Vaseline has come out with a new line of moisturizers called Intensive Rescue. My favorite is Repairing Moisture Lotion. I like a moisturizer to go on easily, not feel greasy, have a lasting effect on my skin all day and be reasonably priced. Repairing Moisture Lotion fits the bill. It comes in a pump making it easy to apply. Clinical Therapy is a great product as well but Repairing Lotion is better bang for your buck. Costco has it as well as Walmart.

http://vaseline.com/Carousel.aspx?Path=Consumer/OurProducts/IntensiveRescueRange/Home

Loreal has come out with a new line of skincare products called Youth Code. I purchased the Kit at Target for $29.99 with travel size versions of the three products - Day/Night cream, Day Lotion with SPF 30 and an eye serum. The products' average cost is $29.99. I used the products for about a week, liked the results of the cream and lotion but will pass on the eye serum. I really wasn't that impressed with that one product but have purchased the full sized version of the Day/Night cream. Kudos to Loreal for putting together a sample kit.

http://www.lorealparisusa.com/_us/_en/default.aspx#/?page=top{userdata//d+d//|diagnostic|main:youthcode|media:_blank|nav|overlay:_blank}

http://www.target.com/L%E2%80%99Oreal-Youth-Code-Kit/dp/B0047F9622/ref=sc_qi_detailbutton

Stay warm and safe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment