Sunday, January 9, 2011

Of Mice and Me

I run every day on my treadmill, 3 miles. There are those who feel that's not really running but at least I move my *ss every day. Today was kind of a lazy day for me. After hanging out in my pj's all day, I decided I needed to do something so I did my run. I headed down to the playroom where my exercise equipment is set up. I watched Grey's Anatomy and part of season 2 of the Jersey Shore. Yes, I know the Jersey Shore is pure trash but it is one of my guilty pleasures and makes the run go quickly.

I'm done with my run and was watching Pauly D trashing JWoww when something moving on the carpet caught my eye. Yes. A mouse. And he was ballsy. He was black and furry looking. No, it was not a rat, it was a mouse. But he took his time strolling across the carpet. I WATCHED him. He didn't streak across, he STROLLED, like he's been spending time down in the playroom, making himself at home, familiarizing himself with the layout. 

I didn't scream. I EEEKED. I turned off my TIVO (side note: don't ever let anyone tell you can replace TIVO with Optimum DVR - there is just no comparison) and TV and proceeded to climb over an end table and a couch to stay as far away from the mouse just in case he decided to pop back out from under the television stand. 

I'm not a fan of the mouse. They move too fast and you don't know where they're going to go. I know I should not be afraid of them but they just freak me out. Which brings me to crickets. I'm not a fan of crickets. They move too fast and you don't know where they are going to go. They jump and get startled by the big human and you never know where they're going to land. 

There has been a cricket in my playroom for the last three months. He came in somewhere around September when the weather started to cool off and when I come down in the morning to do my run, he jumps out at me when I turn the lights on. Freaks me out every morning. 

Until today. No cricket. Just a mouse. Are you thinking what I'm thinking????

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you should leave a watering can down there it caught one upstairs in the past lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a flying squirrel! He crawled into the watering can after flying around the little living room and drowned while Jamie and I were in Australia.

    ReplyDelete