Thursday, February 3, 2011

Busy Catching Up

Hi all, sorry I've been MIA for a few days and this won't be much of a blog but I didn't want you all thinking I was stuck in a block of ice.

I've been catching up on errands after being trapped indoors after all the ridiculous snow over the last few weeks.

A few observations.

I will never bother my kids about not wearing enough clothes while shoveling snow EVER AGAIN. I scraped up all the ice off the driveway around 3 pm today and couldn't believe how fast I heated up! Granted, I was wearing a cashmere sweater and my waterproof Hunter boots. Get your filthy minds out of the gutter. I'm just listing the really warm clothing items. Yes, I wore pants. But still, I'll never nag them again. At least, not about that ;)

I think I want to wash every item of clothing I own just so they can smell like lavender after I wash them and use Purex Softener Crystals. I smell so good it makes me smile. Seriously.

I love Veggie Stix. I ate some today and forgot how good they are.

Take 500 mg of vitamin C every day and you'll burn 39% more fat when you work out (according to editor of Men's Health). I'm totally trying that this morning.

I broke my humeral shaft almost ten years ago to the day. Fell on the icy driveway. I was eight weeks pregnant. Not fun. Today's ice storm forced me to stop being so fearful of ice. I didn't want Jamie to have to come home in the dark and chop ice. So I did it. And no injuries except for a huge blister on my left hand because I forgot to wear gloves.

In this day and age of over-praising, how is it possible that there is an entire generation that doesn't realize they're smart, handsome, gorgeous, stunning? I don't get it.

Phil and Chuck, if you are wrong about an early spring, I will hunt you down. I have a few weapons that were gifts from my husband (at least, that's what he told me ;)

And finally, an update on Joe. Remember he was accused by a classmate of saying "how's your vagina?" and I vehemently told you all, NOT MY SON. Well, that classmate got busted for telling another classmate to "suck my ball sack." This time another classmate told the teacher and saved the other three a trip to the principal's office. Not my son ;)

Stay warm and safe, everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Nice mouth that boy has.....will have to try the lavender crystals, yes it does get pretty steamy shoveling...i have had a lot of experience this winter! Like the vitamin C tip too....Thanks Mary!

    ReplyDelete