Sunday, February 13, 2011

License plates are the new shooting stars

So I told you about my license plate message the other day. Let me continue my story.

LOVEMARY on the Cross Bronx Expressway is a pretty cool sight to see. I, too, have a personalized license plate on my truck. I was driving in my neighborhood a number of years ago and saw a large Lexus truck with MY license plate. Well, not really my license plate, but the license plate I planned on getting. J CREW. Let me explain.

I am surrounded by a house full of boys with names starting with the letter J. My last name is Litchhult. It's a mouthful and one I am used to having to spell. L-I-T-C-H-H - yes, that's two H's - U - L - T. Yes, T as in Thomas. Don't complicate it. Just say it phonetically. Dixon was much easier to explain...Nixon with a D. People got that. I was pregnant with James when Jamie asked if I thought I might use his name now? I gave in even though I knew I would spend the rest of my life spelling it and because I LEGALLY am Mary Litchhult. I don't allow people to mis-spell my name. What kind of English major would that make me????

I chose J names for a variety of reasons including the fact that they sound good with the last name beginning with the letter L. Jamie - Jim - Jake - James - Joe - Joba - J J - all comprise my J CREW except that I couldn't get that license plate because someone had it already and they lived in my neighborhood! and drove a large truck! WTF!

So I chose J CREW 2. The number 2 has great significance in my life. I am a twin. I have 2 sons. My house number is 22. I have 2 brothers. I have 2 dogs. I think you get the concept.

So the other night someone cut in front of me on the Cross Bronx with the license plate LOVEMARY. I'm in the car telling this story to Jamie on our way to Spuntinos, Jamie's Friday night haunt with his boys (meaning my sons and whatever friends they have over) when a car pulls in front of us into the parking lot. The license plate on the car says JEL IV.

My husband's name is James Edward Litchhult IV.

JEL IV

LOVEMARY

Universe? I'm SO listening.

2 comments:

  1. you're right mary, it was worth it! well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Keep your eyes peeled, Mar! More messages to come, no doubt! ;-)

    ReplyDelete