Thursday, March 31, 2011

So much to talk about and so little time!

Yes, I've had requests to tackle the subject of the doll who breast feeds her darling little girl or little boy owner. You never thought of a boy breast feeding the doll, did you Becky and Sue. I'll get to that. I will SO get to that. But not tonight.

I had some minor surgery today. It involved removal of a cluster of freckles on my back (medical term: excision of lesions) that literally scared people when they saw it. I will never forget the look on Maureen's face when she saw it for the first time and said what is that???? but I can tell you she was frightened.

I've been putting off getting it removed and finally had it removed today. That involved a trip to the dermatologist who looked at it and said yeah, I'm not touching that. She sent me off to the plastic surgeon, Ian Bourhill, a very tall handsome, British plastic surgeon. He told me it will leave a scar, I'll warn you of that right now. I responded, damn, there goes my modeling career. He was dumbfounded, probably for a variety of reasons but then started laughing when I cracked up at my own joke.


It's my first experience getting stitches, pretty good considering my oh so young age. I broke my arm at 36 and got my first stitches at 46 so I'm officially categorizing myself as a late bloomer.

I went in for the appointment this morning and met Roselyn, the lovely nurse from North Carolina, who complimented me on how soft my skin was, asked me what moisturizer I use (pretty good when someone asks you that in a plastic surgeon's office!) and asked me what brand bra I was wearing (Spanx Brallelullah in racerback style - black, in case I got blood on it - racerback because it left the area open for surgery - I'm always thinking ahead ;).



Dr. Bourhill walked into the surgery room this morning, said good morning to which I replied, you got a haircut! He looked a tad surprised and said, you're very observant! Surgery went off without a hitch but it's pretty freaky to feel your skin being sewn together like you're sewing together the flaps of skin on the turkey so the stuffing doesn't come out while cooking. I said it felt freaky, I meant it!

So I have 12 stitches in my back which right now are pretty damn uncomfortable but it's all good. This means Jamie will have to get involved in my health care for the next ten days because it's in a spot I just cannot reach. He's a bit squeamish, doesn't like hospital shows which I LOVE but I know he'll suck it up and get it done.

So it's a quick blog tonight because I hear a painkiller calling my name. Good night, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment