Sunday, May 1, 2011

Good bye and good riddance

Osama bin Laden is dead. It's a surreal experience to watch the news in the last 15 minutes. The bastard is dead.

Let the keening and wailing begin on the part of Al Quaeda. It's called karma, you fuckers. You can't escape her. She will give you back ten times what you put out, either good or bad. She's had some fun this weekend. Khaddafi lost his son and three grandchildren this weekend. Osama took a US missile and now his feckless followers are gnashing their teeth knowing the US has his body and can confirm that he is, in fact, dead.

He and his cohorts destroyed too many lives, too many families.

My family had a great weekend. My kids had their friends over, we had dinner with friends on Friday, Joe pitched on Saturday and pitched great today. He was cheered on by the Bleacher Creatures, led by his 15 year old brother. More friends over for dinner tonight. The giggles and laughs filled my car and my home. I got to reconnect with my baseball friends. My signature cheer, often imitated and never duplicated,  came back into full swing. I love cheering for my kids and it's my privilege to do so. It was small moments of joy all weekend but it's those moments I've come to cherish the most. It truly was an all American weekend: family, friends and baseball.

I never take for granted the freedom I enjoy as a citizen of the United States provided by our fine military service people or the gift of life I celebrate every day.

To the survivors, I hope tonight's news brings a small measure of comfort to you all. It's a psychological victory that I hope you all take a moment to savor. To my two blog readers in Iran, I don't know how you'll take this blog but we Americans have a reason to celebrate tonight. The bastard is dead.

1 comment:

  1. No pity. All of us from Inwood knew folks who died in the Trade Center Towers. I also .was a Franciscan and lived with the priest carried dead by the firemen on the cover of the Post--Mychal Judge. Bin Laden was beyond the point of redeemable. He needed to go before he could hurt anyone else.

    ReplyDelete