Friday, August 26, 2011

Genius

There are not many opportunities in one's lifetime to come across genius. I personally have not met genius but the efforts of a genius impact my life every day.

That genius is Steve Jobs. He is the genius behind Apple.



I no longer listen to commercial radio. I listen to my iPod.

My husband gave me a Mac as a Christmas present this past year. I will never go back to a PC again. I blog on my Mac. Its ease, simplicity are unparalleled.

I was gifted an iPad 2 by Jamie this past year as well. I read every night before I go to sleep using the Kindle app. I take notes and write my grocery lists on it using the Penultimate app. I check my email. I surf the web using Skyfire. I watch movies (Netflix) as I fold laundry or clean the house. It fits in my purse.

Steve Jobs is dying of pancreatic cancer. This I have surmised from his resignation as CEO of Apple.

I met a genius. And he set up a place for us to meet other geniuses. And he called it a bar. The dude gets us.

So I say thank you, Steve. I want you to know how much I appreciate the impact you've had on my life. We don't get to tell people how positive an impact they've had on our lives before they pass on.  I don't know you but want you to know that.

Thank you, Steve. You've changed my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment